Friday, December 25, 2009

Quotes of the year 2009



"Even Jesus Christ wasn't liked by everyone. What hope is there for me?" - We miss Jose Mourinho.

"If I had it in my power to introduce a ban on women driving cars and to withdraw all of their licences, I would do it without thinking twice. In my opinion a woman and a man are two absolutely different creatures" - Arshavin. Not metrosexual.

"My missus would have scored that" - Harry Redknapp puts Sandra's finishing skills above Darren Bent's.

"I'm human at the end of the day, and it is difficult keeping your head down when you're 6ft 7in" - Peter Crouch after THAT night out.

"Sometimes you have a noisy neighbour and have to live with it" - Sir Alex Ferguson has a glance across the road at Manchester City.

"Ferguson is a very complicated man. He's tough. If things are all right, then they are all right. But when he thinks something is wrong, everything is screwed. He can go from complimenting you to just plain trashing you in a matter of minutes. Has it happened to me? Hell, yes! He'll say 'Nani, how could you miss this or this?' He shouts at players in front of everyone. No one escapes, everybody is the same. Giggs and (Gary) Neville suffer most, because they have more experience. It is 'F**k' here and 'F**k' there" - Nani writes his own transfer request.

"He almost caught it and ran into the net with it" - Robbie Keane on Henry's handball.

"They are all probably clapping hands - Michel Platini sitting up there on the phone to Sepp Blatter, probably texting each other, delighted with the result - Keane wasn't finished.

"The replay? I'll do it when you want on a PlayStation" - The wonderful Patrice Evra

"No matter how much you're expecting it, it's still unexpected when it comes" - Jason 'Trigger' McAteer on getting the sack along with John Barnes at Tranmere.

"Some good has come out of it, though. I received a lovely letter which read: "Dear Mick, thank you for taking the pressure off me. I've really had a tough time of late, all the best, Tiger." I've heard he's driving around Florida in an open-top singing: "Super Mick McCarthy."" - Mick Mac himself, on Mick grabbing headlines sidelining Tiger Woods.

"At Middlesbrough the beer used to flow in the dressing-room the moment matches were over. The following day the players were supposed to work on their recovery but instead they'd just have a coffee and then get back on the booze once more. They used to eat Mars bars and chocolates, and when I said something about it they'd fire back, claiming it was to give them energy" - Gaizka Mendieta on life at Middlesbrough.

"I'm going to ask you 'Do you fancy it? Do you like getting kicked? Do you like the fact I am going to be at you for the whole 90 minutes?' As soon as you get the ball I am going to be in your face. You are not going to like it one bit. Are you ready for that because that's what's going to happen. That's what's going to happen..." - Darren Fletcher, no wonder Arsene Wenger didnt like you .

"No one is ever going to be as good as I was" - Paul Gascoigne.

"He was a lion of a man - no, make that three lions" - We leave the last word to Gary Lineker on Sir Bobby Robson.

No comments:

Post a Comment